All of us at SemiCab, a digital freight ecosystem, are excited to announce our partnership with Blue Yonder, effective 5/5/2020. Through this partnership, we will provide freight capacity optimization within Blue Yonder’s Luminate Platform, to help optimize the supply chain for shippers and carriers alike. It is our intention to make this one of many steps we take to improve efficiency in the long-haul trucking industry.
How will the partnership work?
The freight capacity optimization solution, SemiCab’s digital freight ecosystem, can be accessed through Blue Yonder’s Luminate Platform. Powered by Microsoft Azure, the Luminate Platform combines rich internal and external data from across a customer’s digital supply chain assets to allow for smarter, more actionable artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML)-based business decisions. For shippers, this enables end-to-end visibility for seamless integration into a freight marketplace. The solution can be adopted by any existing Blue Yonder transportation management customers with the added benefit of frictionless onboarding. Specifically:
- SemiCab offers a digital freight ecosystem built with the scalability required to predict and optimize millions of loads and hundreds of thousands of trucks.
- To create visibility, SemiCab uses real-time data from API-based load tendering and pre-built integrations with Blue Yonder, as well as ELD partners.
- To build fully loaded round trips, the company uses AI/ML predictions and proprietary optimization models.
How will this impact long-haul freight?
- Help shippers access freight capacity at lower costs while improving carrier relationships.
- Capitalize on SemiCab’s unique value distribution model, reducing shippers’ freight costs by up to 10%, while providing access to a large pool of capacity from carriers earning higher profits.
- Create shared value and help reduce carbon emissions by eliminating empty miles from long-haul transportation.
The benefits of a Digital Freight Ecosystem
“The full truckload freight market is highly fragmented and massively inefficient with 25% or more of the miles driven annually being empty, resulting in $100 billion of lost value,” said Ajesh Kapoor, CEO and founder of SemiCab, “Our expanded partnership with Blue Yonder to offer a freight capacity optimization solution to customers, helps create transparency across the entire freight marketplace helping to drive efficiencies and profitability for shippers and carriers alike.” We’re changing the way the long-haul freight industry works, and we hope you’ll join us.
Access the full Press Release here.