It’s hard to believe we’re more than halfway through the year! It’s certainly been a challenging one as our community continues to navigate record shipping volumes, fluctuating fuel pricing and availability, and labor shortages. Through it all, we’ve remained focused on our mission to deliver a Collaborative Transportation Platform that eliminates empty miles, reduces the nation’s carbon footprint, and creates new economic value across the transportation network. We achieved great success in the first half of 2021 and improved the way we work to better serve you.
- The launch of a new website! Check it out to learn more about our mission and our Collaborative Transportation Platform. And, don’t miss our blog. It’s packed with industry insight and news you need to know.
- The addition of 3 new clients: a well-known retailer, a popular consumer brand, and a reputable distributor. With their collaboration on the SemiCab platform, we saw our revenue grow 8-fold from April to June. We also received the highest customer satisfaction rating to date during this quarter.
- Reaching 500 carrier members on the platform. A new partnership with SmartHop, a company focused on helping small trucking companies make smarter decisions, and collaboration with DotKonnekt, fueled this additional capacity. We have also been in active discussions with the School of Data Science and Analytics at Kennesaw State University regarding an academic partnership.
- Welcoming our newest advisory board member, Guy Primus, into the fold. Guy is an entrepreneur and inventor who brings over 20 years of supply chain knowledge to our ranks.
- Improving our internal infrastructure by automating operational and financial workflows, enhancing Mobile Apps and Predictive Optimization capabilities, building a brand-new dedicated fleet assessment module, and streamlining our operations team interface with products.
- Receiving honorable mention in Fast Company’s 2021 World-Changing Ideas Awards for making transportation more efficient, sustainable, and equitable.
- Being named to Food Logistics’ 2021 Top Green Providers list for being a company whose products, services, or exemplary leadership is enhancing sustainability within the cold food and beverage industry.
- Being selected to participate in Plug and Play’s 12-week Supply Chain Innovation Program that connects large retailers, consumer brands, and manufacturers to exciting startups like SemiCab, creating new digital business and operating models.
As 2021 continues to unfold, our commitment to you and the environment will remain front and center. As the news cycle continues with horrendous stories of wildfires, floods, droughts, and heatwaves, the urgency of worldwide environmental changes can no longer be ignored. Together we can reduce empty miles to eliminate the addition of 30 million metric tons of CO2 to the environment every year.
Our Chief Community Officer, Jagan Reddy, said it best: “SemiCab is forging ahead with ever-growing insight into how we can disrupt the status quo and bring real and sustainable efficiencies to the freight industry, and it all starts with collaboration.” We know that with SemiCab’s Orchestrated Collaboration™ we can create more efficient roundtrips, eliminate empty miles, reduce carbon emissions, and bring network-wide efficiencies in freight that we can all be proud of.
Become part of the network, join our mission today.